Metal buildings that are not properly insulated or buildings that have old or torn insulation, can contribute to condensation problems and thermal energy loss. Retrofitting insulation between purlins or wall girts not only saves on energy bills, but it also addresses any existing condensation issues.
Over 50% of all steel building insulation projects are retrofit applications. Retrofitting insulation in existing metal buildings with new insulation will help to seal air leaks and improve energy efficiency. Adding new insulation will add additional R-Value which saves energy and money in the long run.
We supply insulation rolls that are pre-cut to fit within your purlin and girt spaces of your existing metal building. After the insulation is cut to your specific measurements, facing materials are applied to insulation blankets to serve as a vapor retarder. Facing material offers a clean finished look in any metal building environment. There are several facing options to choose from.
Benefits of Retrofitting Insulation
- Adding insulation to an existing building will help to seal air leaks
- Increases the R-value/thickness of insulation
- Increases the energy efficiency of your building and reduces energy costs
- Improves condensation control
- Tax-saving benefits when you add insulation to your building
- Facing materials applied to the insulation surface creates a vapor retarder and acts as a protected cover for the insulation
- Increases the lighting efficiency by providing a bright reflective surface on the walls and/or roof
- Improves interior appearance of walls and/or roof
Multiple options are available for installing insulation:
- Single Layer Insulation System
- High-R Value Banded System/Double Layer
- Energy Saver System
- Insulated Foam Panels
- Banding System – Steel banding can be used to secure metal roof insulation (can also be used on the walls)
- Type of 'Tab' which is the vinyl facing that extends beyond the fiberglass roll. (Optional Tab: factory-applied adhesive which installers peel and apply)
- InsulHold Coils - InsulHold helps to hold insulation in place and keeps the blankets from sagging
- Insulation Stick Pins - The pins are glued to the wall and are used to penetrate the insulation and facing; a washer is placed over the insulation to secure it in place.
Click to View Retrofit Installation Process
Featured Retrofit Project
Testimonial from Tim C. - Supervisor/Installer at Daystar Composites in Patterson, Georgia
"We were very satisfied with the products and service Building Outlet offered, it made our job as installers very easy with the clearly marked accessories and precut rolls. The Insulation system we chose included High R-value insulation rolls, Insulhold coils and a steel banding system for attaching the insulation. Since the retrofit installation has been complete the owner says that the insulation package is performing so well that the ambient temperature of the building has dropped by 10 to 15 degrees. The Sound dampening effect has also been greatly improved."